Friday, January 02, 2004
* Q. What is the IRRF?
* A. The IRRF is the International Robot Racing Federation. Its purpose is to promote revolutionary breakthroughs in Robotics technology, by using entertainment venues to promote its development.
* Q. Who can join the IRRF?
* A. Anyone.
* Q. What is the Open Challenge?
* A. The Open Challenge is the first in a series of events aimed at promoting robotics technology. The event is a 300 mile off-road robots only obstacle course race beginning and ending just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.
* Q. Where will this event take place?
* A. Just Outside of Las Vegas, Nevada
* Q. When will this event take place?
* A. In September of ’04. The actual dates will be locked down pending negotiations with the City of Las Vegas, Clark County, and the Bureau of Land Management.
* Q. Why is the Open Challenge so revolutionary?
* A. The Open Challenge requires robotic vehicles to self navigate an obstacle course. The vehicles must be autonomous and must drive themselves without any external help.
* Q. Hasn’t that been done before?
* A. No. No previous challenge has required vehicles to self navigate an obstacle course and avoid collisions with unpredictable moving targets.
Comments: Post a Comment