Skip to main content
CycleForums - Un Fookin Believeable. Notebook Found.: "
If you dont know whats going on, read this first:
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/s...10&pagenumber=1

NOW, here is where it starts to get REALLY INTERESTING...
I got this email about an hour ago...

SUBJECT: I FOUND YOUR NOTEBOOK ON THE FREEWAY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick,

The other day I was driving up the 405 freeway in a miserable state of traffic. I was thinking about all the things I have yet to accomplish in life. How I might accomplish them, how I might arrive at them and to what parts of the world they might affford my attendance. My car was inching along at aproximatly 12 miles an hour when I saw something shoot out from under a passing car and slam up against the near by center divider. quickly my eye recognized it as a laptop computer. with no hesitation I pulled into the left side shoulder and turnned off my car. I opened my door and stepped into a hurricane of wind and sound comming from the opposit side of the freeway which was roaring along like a procession of screaming buffalo. I walked against my side of traffic some fifty feet to find a damaged but life like DELL INSPIERON 8200. The title was Barely ledgable through a million different scrapes gashes created by its journey down the 405 playing the roll of a hockey puck. When I first saw it skidding in front of me I conclude it was being shot out from under a tire like a peice of ice being squeezed too tightly between two fingers.

I reached down and picked the thing up. The cd drive was dangling from it like an accidental peice of spaggetti stuck to the bottom of an eligant dinner plate. Except this plate was splintered at every cornner, bent like a half moon, and covered with a film of black grime and and dust.

With the bent top half standing open Just an inch I could barely make out what I can only explain as a miracle. THE THING WAS STILL ON!! "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jodie Lane Project Responds to City Council Testimony

The Jodie Lane Project : New York, NY -- February 12, 2004. The City Council Transportation Committee held a hearing today to investigate the causes of Jodie S. Lane’s tragic electrocution death on January 16th. The testimony revealed a startling lack of oversight on the part of the Public Services Commission, charged with overseeing Con Edison’s compliance with the National Electric Safety Code, last revised in 1913. With only 5 inspectors at their disposal, the Public Services Commission relies entirely on Con Edison to report safety problems. Because Con Edison only reports incidents resulting in injury or death, the PSC was aware of only 15 shock incidents in the last 5 years. Con Edison has acknowledged that it actually received 539 reports of shock incidents in the same period, effectively admitting to misleading the PSC by an order of magnitude. It is not only this discrepancy that is alarming, but also the fact that the Public Services Commission, charged with ensuring

New York Post Online Edition

news : "December 29, 2003 -- WASHINGTON - Startling new Army statistics show that strife-torn Baghdad - considered the most dangerous city in the world - now has a lower murder rate than New York. The newest numbers, released by the Army's 1st Infantry Division, reveal that over the past three months, murders and other crimes in Baghdad are decreasing dramatically and that in the month of October, there were fewer murders per capita there than the Big Apple, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. The Bush administration and outside experts are touting these new figures as a sign that, eight months after the fall of Saddam Hussein, major progress is starting to be made in the oft-criticized effort by the United States and coalition partners to restore order and rebuild Iraq. 'If these numbers are accurate, they show that the systems we put in place four months ago to develop a police force based on the principles of a free and democratic society are starting to